Approaches for Better Results Using YANGAROO Music, powered by DMDS
For those with a Basic or Pro Account submitting music or videos for broadcast consideration, please watch and listen the below videos, and read the rest of this post for essential and VERY IMPORTANT tips.
You can also click here HERE for more information about our service, and click here for an impartial non-DMDS approach about how to follow up with radio. For more info, please email me[email protected] for an additional “sheet of tips” on how to reach out to radio.
Most of the mentioned tips apply for your promotional follow-ups to radio, TV, and any other type of media outlet. Doing follow-ups, marketing and promoting yourself is as important as the quality of your music and talent itself.
Our platform is a DIY delivery service used with the hope that content can be reviewed and picked by programmers. We don’t guarantee any specific result (especially with the Basic Account.) However, the Pro Account offers not only better pricing but also options that might increase the chances of getting noticed – for example Pro offers special “campaigns” where you’re not longer totally on your own!
To increase your chances of getting results, contact our Account Relations Manager at [email protected] to inquire about our special “campaigns.” (These special campaigns go from $1000 to $2000.)
For those with a Pro Account that already submitted a release:
- If needed, edit and update your release in the Description and Notification tabs of your Sent Releases. Based on the reports and/or feedback you get when following up, go back and change/update your promo, template, pics, or whatever you think might help you to get a better impact or a more appealing release. For instance, long descriptions/biographies usually isn’t a great idea. Typically MP’s and PD’s prefer short info with impressive numbers or specific data; for example, a simple sentence such as “Check this song with ‘X thousand/million views on YouTube” or “Currently being rotated in X station/s with X number of spins.”
- Bump up your release to the first positions of your destinations’ YANGAROO Music Library: This could be a very simple and powerful tip to increase the exposure of your music without spamming with your release (we suggest not to do it more than twice per week). Go to your Sent Releases section > Edit on your release > on the Details tab use today’s date in the Delivery Date field – then simply press Save.
- Send e-notifications: The same instructions from step number three, but also go down to the Notification tab, make sure you’ve enabled this option along Stream From Notification and Download From Notification – and make sure you update the Notification Delivery Date as well. We’d advise not to send more than two e-notifications per month because music broadcasters don’t like to be spammed or overwhelmed with music requests.
Keep us posted: While we do our best to update our databases, our primary promise is to make sure we can provide all the technology required to deliver digital releases at a professional level – but remember, we’re just the “delivery guys”. It means:
- YANGAROO DMDS is NOT a marketing or promotional company so we don’t guarantee ANY reviews, approvals, or placements
- The database we provide is an added featured, where we don’t guarantee 100% accuracy (if in your follow-ups, you or your music tracker/promoter discovers inconsistent data from our database, please inform us specific details so we can check and, if needed, properly update those records: for example, a music destination no longer engaged with YANGAROO DMDS, a new name of contact or new position, new call-letters, etc.)